func_bobbing issue

For all topics related to using or installing radiant
RedSnappa

func_bobbing issue

Post by RedSnappa »

I have discovered that the gametype key does not appear to work on a func_bobbing entity. I am testing Spacestation Beta 6, which has two different platforms in the same place with mutually exclusive gametypes (there is a hole in the floor that is filled in except in CTF, and a func_bobbing was supposed to go through the hole in CTF but stop short in other gametypes). Both platforms appear and it causes trouble.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

Rylius
King wiki

Re: func_bobbing issue

Post by Rylius »

You'd rather post this as a bug report on urt.info, afaik only very few entities actually use the gametype key. (func_wall/static, spawns, ?)
Rain - Blog - deviantArt
<Delirium> I did like a reverse jizz
<Delirium> in my pants
<Delirium> my jeans went into my sack
<Delirium> through my dick

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

I can't understand what you want, you want to cover the hole in some gametypes? func_wall does that.

RedSnappa

Post by RedSnappa »

flajeen wrote:I can't understand what you want, you want to cover the hole in some gametypes? func_wall does that.

I want to have an elevator that goes to a different depth in CTF than in other gametypes. I have a func_wall that fills the hole in gametypes other than CTF. I want to have one func_bobbing with gametype 0,1,3,4,5,8 that goes down to the func_wall, and another func_bobbing with gametype 7 that goes through the hole that is open in that gametype. But the gametype key is not working on the func_bobbing entities. They both show up which breaks the elevator, getting people stuck in the middle of the elevator shaft. (You can't reach the part of the map where this elevator is located in CAH mode {gametype 6}.)
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem