Complicated trains

For all topics related to using or installing radiant
vulture

Re: Complicated trains

Post by vulture »

flajeen wrote:Does he work for Disney Imagineers?

nope but close

http://i.imgur.com/bBke7.jpg :D

which is basically generated by (some code cut) :

Code: Select all

object_path_ut_stop(file, buf, (j*8+i)*8+0, (j*8+i)*8+1, 0+i*256+128-4, y+0, 1024+j*256+128, TRAIN_BASE, 700);  // 700 / .5
      object_path_ut_stop(file, buf, (j*8+i)*8+1, (j*8+i)*8+2, 0+i*256+128, y+16, 1024+j*256+128+6, TRAIN_BASE, 700);  // +16 +8
      object_path_ut_stop(file, buf, (j*8+i)*8+2, (j*8+i)*8+3, 0+i*256+128+4, y+8, 1024+j*256+128, TRAIN_BASE, 700);
             object_delay(file, buf, (j*8+i)*8+3, (j*8+i)*8+0, 0.20, 0);

and triggered by :

Code: Select all

object_trigger_multiple(file, buf2, 0.5+0.1, 0);
        brush_rect(file, 256, 4096, 256,  "icyvulture/nothing",  i*256, 0, 1024+j*256, etc);
      entityend();

path_corner I think is for the normal q3 train, which I couldnt get to work in urt. urt trains have some weird issues and even some bugs associated with them, but usually those issues have workarounds.

edit: forgot to mention... that has 339 entities, of which I guess only 192 are actual path_ut_stop's. so, you can use at least that much... put into my bigger map, I have 348 path_ut_stop's. I don't think there's a limit for an individual train, only whatever the max entities is for q3map2 and/or urban terror itself (4096??)
Last edited by vulture on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

wow..
That's too much for me xD
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

RedSnappa

Post by RedSnappa »

I have mine laid out. 3 places where the train stops and 51 other pathpoints to move through. I left the interface display on to see if that works properly. I'm just touching up various parts of the map before I give it a go and see what I get.

EDIT: Did a test and my train doesn't appear. Does func_keyboard_interface not work?
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

vulture

Post by vulture »

I've actually only done train track switching with trigger_*'s, not tried the keyboard_interface, but I've heard there's a couple quirks with that. what does your train entity chain look like? do you have a trigger_always or something to "start" it up? I think you need something to start it up via a trigger or it wont show or something like that, maybe.

RedSnappa

Post by RedSnappa »

vulture wrote:I've actually only done train track switching with trigger_*'s, not tried the keyboard_interface, but I've heard there's a couple quirks with that. what does your train entity chain look like? do you have a trigger_always or something to "start" it up? I think you need something to start it up via a trigger or it wont show or something like that, maybe.

That would do it. I'll have to add that. But the cablecar on Eagle doesn't have them; it just has trigger_multiples.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation

vulture

Post by vulture »

there may have been some other random conditions where the train shows or doesnt show. I think I for sure had to have a target_delay or something or else the train would exist everywhere simultaneously or something, or just not show up. and a proper loop maybe?
can you paste your entities? preferably straight from the .map file so I can just see everything? if there's a lot of stuff in the middle, just paste the ends and any relevant delays.

DagF

Post by DagF »

The interface should work for urt 4.1.1
It dident work with 4.1 if im not mistaken but was fixed with the 4.1.1 update.
It should also work in urt hd.

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

OMFG 4.1.1 ONLY ADDED NEW MAPS AND SKINS NOTHING MORE

RedSnappa

Post by RedSnappa »

Here is the full map file so far. http://www.mediafire.com/?rlvy2tfra78cj4c There is a hole in the wall where the train is so you can reach that room easily without having to get through everything.

Hopefully someone can explain why this doesn't work. The train appears correctly but will not move.

P.S. If anyone also wants to explain why the room with the water level switch is glitchy, that will also be much appreciated.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.

vulture

Post by vulture »

This isn't the problem, but for the future, trainID is always a number, never a string. if you enter a string, it likely gets evaluated to 0 which will basically just make all those IDs 0 (so it should still work, but you would have problems if you name other things with strings, as those will also get evaluated to 0). It looks like you only had 1 train, so this wouldnt be your problem.