Complicated trains

For all topics related to using or installing radiant
RedSnappa

Re: Complicated trains

Post by RedSnappa »

vulture wrote:This isn't the problem, but for the future, trainID is always a number, never a string. if you enter a string, it likely gets evaluated to 0 which will basically just make all those IDs 0 (so it should still work, but you would have problems if you name other things with strings, as those will also get evaluated to 0). It looks like you only had 1 train, so this wouldnt be your problem.

The ID on the cable car on Eagle is cable1, so I thought that snappacar would be legitimate. My experiment was to make a much more complicated version of the Eagle cable car.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

vulture

Post by vulture »

I dont have the shaders/textures so its hard to see what's going on here.. but.. the train seems to be moving for me. I couldnt find a keyboard interface for any of it. The rotations and stuff seemed to be a little off, and the train sort of warps after it reaches a stop, but otherwise it follows the tracks positionally speaking. For the warping, it may be that you need a small delay at the end of each segment. It's hard to say because of all the large number of stuff D:

RedSnappa

Post by RedSnappa »

This is my first time doing these rotations, so I don't know exactly what to do. I just guessed and was going to smooth it out over time.

EDIT: You got the train to move? It still won't move for me.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

DagF

Post by DagF »

One thing:
After what i have tryed there are 2 ways of using trains that works.
This might not be correct but i have experiensed it like this:

1. one or several trains folowing a loop
2. one or more trains beeing triggered to go to one ut_path_stop or what they are named that is pointing to a delay that is pointing back.

I tryed to make a elevator with a door moving like this ]
It works a few times then the whole map breakes(map seemes feeled with mass).
this had to endpoints. the endpoint pointed to a delay pointing back.
when triggered they moved to another path_stop pointing to a point stop pointing to the enpoint.