Making Models

Questions about models, making models and problems with models
Dr.Hammelfresse

Making Models

Post by Dr.Hammelfresse »

Hey all :),
1-2 weeks ago i began mapping and i like it :).Now im planning a new map and want to do my own models.I know it takes time, but if i copy models from other maps (like turnpike) i can walk trough them in-game.So maybe anyone can send me a tuto how to make models :) ? I'm German so it would be awesome if a german mapper (like nemnemnem) would add me in skype [regurl=]loli-stefan[/regurl] .I hope you can help me :)
Cu

Markinho

Re: Making Models

Post by Markinho »

Every model is nonsolid in game, you have to manually clip them (there should be a auto-clipping tool somewhere, but I don't know it)

When you take models from other maps make sure not to break them using the same shader path

banksy

Post by banksy »

And make sure you're allowed to use the models. Some people don't like others using their stuff

Dr.Hammelfresse

Post by Dr.Hammelfresse »

Hmm, ok then i'll make them on my own.I'm making the maps with gtkradiant 1.6(newest version) for urban terror (not hd).I still dont know how to make models , im a newb and i have much questions .Please add me in skype, loli-stefan.Would be awesome if anybody could help me with all my probs.

pickles
Site Admin

Post by pickles »

The best way to get quick answers is to join our irc channel.

DagF

Post by DagF »

There is a bit of information about making models here: wiki/index.php/Category:Models

I would reccomand that you try to learn 3ds max
You can get a student verson for free here: http://students.autodesk.com/

I have been using blender myself but i want to learn 3dsmax
There are other simpler tools that takes less to learn. But you get more out of a more advanced modeling tool like 3dsmax or blender.

There are plenty of tutorials on youtube for both blender and 3dsmax. Some in german aswell i think.