level design for other games anyone?

General mapping discussions
Rayne
Site Admin

level design for other games anyone?

Post by Rayne »

OK so how many of you are thinking about or have already done some level editing for other games, engines.
And how many of you would like to try level design for other games, and which.

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Re: level design for other games anyone?

Post by johnnyenglish »

Ever since the n00b guys attempted to convert empuries to xreal I've been experimenting with the engine, however I'm involved in so many other maps/projects that I dont really get time at the moment.

Screenshot.png

Rylius
King wiki

Post by Rylius »

Working on some maps for my own game Rain, running on the XreaL engine too - uses Radiant, so I'll port Italy over when it's done. :)

I'm interested in some 'modern' mapping tools, will probably play around with CryEngine 3 and Far Cry 2 map editor in the next weeks. Ain't expecting something serious there though
Rain - Blog - deviantArt
<Delirium> I did like a reverse jizz
<Delirium> in my pants
<Delirium> my jeans went into my sack
<Delirium> through my dick

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

I"m right now downloading UDK, i want to see how difficult it is and how it all works there.

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

Ive been planning on starting with probbably source engine games like TF2 Which is the most played fps currently

as you know im working with overdose.

i feel as if i could do.much better given different tools more entities and flexability and a better engine limit

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

I would like to try gothic mapping for OpenArena when I have ended ut4_oxford.

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

so how many of you would like to see C.M.M. expanding to level design for other games/engines.

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

Seems to me there is probably lots of other sites for other games (especially when it comes to wiki type stuff), and that CMM should focus on Urt because that is it's niche.

To the question of other games, I'm working on my alturt code mod these days, but, in the future I would like to (probably won't ever have the time) maybe map for an indy game using crytek or UDK.

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

bludshot wrote:Seems to me there is probably lots of other sites for other games (especially when it comes to wiki type stuff), and that CMM should focus on Urt because that is it's niche.

To the question of other games, I'm working on my alturt code mod these days, but, in the future I would like to (probably won't ever have the time) maybe map for an indy game using crytek or UDK.

i played with UDK for a total of 1 hour today. The a buyer for my G500 came and now I'm stuck with an antique logi mouse that doesn't have a mouse wheel :D

MajkiFajki

Post by MajkiFajki »

Rayne wrote:so how many of you would like to see C.M.M. expanding to level design for other games/engines.

We need to get more ppl here.