Design Process

General mapping discussions
DagF

Re: Design Process

Post by DagF »

Working on this layout. Feedback are welcome.
Attachments
2013-10-25_14-41-50_70.jpg

FrankieV

Post by FrankieV »

Good size and UrT needs more smallish maps.

Feed back we have been getting on some of our test maps is a need for smaller designs with vertical game play.

You use 3DS Max right?

If so just make it and I'll be happy to check it over for you as to ideas and options.

DagF

Post by DagF »

This is just half that map really. i got a few points from Happy ill go after with the next one i try out.
I just have a studentc lisence for now. not sure if it is possible to coop with that?

FrankieV

Post by FrankieV »

As a suggestion at first keep things as simple as possible that builds towards the bigger idea.

In my opinion the layout is perfect as to the need of fulfilling that need and the feedback will really start once you have something in hand to examine . All you can do with a piece of paper is make a paper hat or paper airplane. ;)

As for using a student version of Max that’s fine as long as it's understood that the finished product will always be a 3rd party map as well as possibility introducing a need to work around software limitations as part of the development that is unknown until they turn up.

The only real license limitation is you can't sell or profit from what you made using it and as long as you can export to X format (ase,MD5) then a project like this does fall into the domain of the student license.

DagF

Post by DagF »

ok.

The reason i asked about the student license is becouse you sayed you could not work with the file i uploaded the last time.
I have a general understanding of the limitation of the license and are not going to use it to earn money in any was so i think that should be good.
After all this is for learning 3d modeling methods anyways.

ill scetch some more and try to make something in 3ds max and upload it.

FrankieV

Post by FrankieV »

LOL that’s awesome.

Yeah sure make something up and we can see want we can see.

If you can export to .ase and generate a map then it should be fine assuming that the Student version is the full commercial version but with licensing terms and conditions.

I was just a bit worried because as part of FS copyrights and licensing is a huge issue to deal with.

DagF

Post by DagF »

:P

As far as i know it's the full verson with just the license terms.

Worst case senario is i juse Blender and that is not bad at all so it will be alright :)

FrankieV

Post by FrankieV »

Excellent.

Got some stuff to do so if I don't pick up on whats going on give me a poke.

DagF

Post by DagF »

One layout:
http://dagfro.de/q3ut4/layouts/layout_test_1.pk3

i'm very open for feedback
Attachments
layout_test_1.png
layout_test_1.png (1.85 KiB) Viewed 60428 times

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

Too many bottlenecks, lose the tight hallways and connect areas with wider corridors.