Stores lying about products!!!

A place to chat about anything you like, within reason
Rayne
Site Admin

Stores lying about products!!!

Post by Rayne »

Today i was going to buy myself a new mouse. I have my heart set at steelseries Xai and been wanting to get one for a long time.
So i checked out some prices and found a store that sells it for around 60 euros. I call them and ask if the product is available at the store or should i order it. Their answer was and i quote "Yes. yes we have it right here, you can come buy it right now"
So i get dressed take my hard earned money and drag my ass to the other side of the city only to see that they do NOT have the damn thing in the warehouse let alone store, in the end it turned out it can't even be ordered from the supplier.

So i ask the guy why did he lie to me. And he starts pushing some piece of shit steelseries WOW mouse for 80 euros i don't fucking want.
Don't get me wrong that mouse is amazing, IF YOU PLAY FUCKING WORLD OF WARCRAFT AND LOVE MICE SIZE OF A CAR.
It all ends up peacefully, me emptying the store with my raging and sellers crying he will call the cops if i don't leave.
I think grabbing him by the neck was what made him panic.....need to work on my social skills.

Delirium

Re: Stores lying about products!!!

Post by Delirium »

LOL

a while back i was in a computer hardware store trying to tell the guy i needed anti ghosting on the directional keys so i could play urt properly. So he told me this is.exactly what your looking for and pointed me over to the razor lycosa. i even make sure ges talking about the arrow keys and not wasd and he said every key i needed was anti ghosted. and if it wasnt what i wad after i could come back and return or replace it.
Happy as i was i brought it for 180 dollars, got hole to find it only had anti ghosting on the wasd cluster. went to return ot the next day cause i had a keyboard which was no better than my 10 dollar one
Only to find the salesman scatter out back when i enter the store because they have a no refund or exchange policy even though i was told i could. so now i have an awesome keyboard for nothing..

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

I'd ram it up his ass sideways....twice.

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

I would have except seeming i had payed a shit load for it i kinda wanted to use it.. :x

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

Delirium wrote:I would have except seeming i had payed a shit load for it i kinda wanted to use it.. :x

I;d ram it up his ass anyway. Best spent 180 bucks ever.

v3nd3tta

Post by v3nd3tta »

In germany there are laws against that - to protect the civils :)
You can return it in 14 days if you do not like the item, and get your Money back (well things to eat excluded lol)
And I don't know if there is the same in other countries, but being ass like that sux - dammn sellers.
And if they dont stand to their mistake, they should treated like asses - but not that they could do anything.

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

v3nd3tta wrote:In germany there are laws against that - to protect the civils :)
You can return it in 14 days if you do not like the item, and get your Money back (well things to eat excluded lol)
And I don't know if there is the same in other countries, but being ass like that sux - dammn sellers.
And if they dont stand to their mistake, they should treated like asses - but not that they could do anything.

In Croatia 95% of all stores apply the "3 exchanges rule" meaning within 2 weeks since you made the purchase you can exchange the product 3 times. Of course under the condition that the item is undamaged, and that includes the package.
The no damage on package doesn't applies if the product itself isn't working, defected products aren't being returned to the store anyway but to the official supplier that usually has it's own repair service which determines if the product is a factory defect or damaged due to misuse.

But this guy and his lying just to get me in the store to sell me something i don't want really hit the right button.

pretender

Post by pretender »

Hii Rayne,

Slap yourself once and write

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”

"Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated"

"One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness"

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

pretender wrote:Hii Rayne,

Slap yourself once and write

hey hey Pret :)
I think instead of slapping my self i will slap the salesman.

pretender

Post by pretender »

Finally another forum to spam :mrgreen:

I take a different approach on salesman.
I crush their spirits by giving them more details about the product than they know.
And then i charm them so they become my minions .

Then i specify which product i want and at what price :ugeek:

Its the proved to be best way.

8-)
“Be the change you want to see in the world.”

"Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated"

"One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness"