Hi all! So I really enjoyed Deliriums weekend challenges over at the UrT website, and so Johnny and I decided to continue the idea! Johnny and I (and maybe others) will be officiating a challenge each weekend. Anyone and Everyone is encouraged to participate!
Each weekend we'll be posting a topic on a map object you could create, and the challenge is to be as creative as possible while still being realistic.
The rules are simple.
* I post a link to the download base .map, you are not allowed to map outside this box. You can however texture this box however you wish.
* Map lighting, texturing, compile and even the client you use is all up to the mapper, you can use all that is available.
* You have until the next weekend competition to create what ever the object is and you don't need to upload a map, only ONE screenshot of the fully textured map ingame.
* Please do not transplant a model or part of a map which you have already created, the idea is to get better at mapping and just recycling what you have already created will not challenge you.
* Post your shot in this thread when ever its done and I will announce the winner in the first post of next weeks challenge
* You can enter up to a maximum of 3 times per weekend.
* You can choose the best angle to take your screenshot from, but please only post 1 image per entry
This Week's Challenge is "Neon Lights"
You could make a store front, or a simple open or closed sign, or maybe an old vintage neon advert. Extra points for coming up with something unique and outside the figurative box. You can use any method you like to make your Neon Lights, models or brushwork or whatever else you can come up with. Click Here to download this weeks base map
Good luck and have fun everyone!!!
Don't forget to vote for what topic you want to see for next weeks challenge!! The winner of the poll may not necessarily be next weeks topic but most likely it will be.
Admin updated the link to cmm site