An Introduction

Welcome to the Custom Map Makers forum. We encourage new members to post a short note about themselves.
Lunaxe

An Introduction

Post by Lunaxe »

Hey there Custom Map Makers community. I'd like to introduce myself to you all, although im not quite sure how to go about that haha. As for my name, you can all refer to me as Lunaxe (as is evident by username :P), and i happen to be a highschool senior who has had a great interest in the quake engines and modding since my freshman year. I've worked with Quake 1 mods extensively ranging from Nazi Zombies: Portable, various Halo mods (only a bit there), and Left 4 Quake. All of these are still active and can be found on ModDB if you care to check them out!

Only recently have i decided i need to take a step up, learn some new things, and begin mapping for a whole new community. My skills range from mapping to texturing, with that being about it haha. However, after some discussion and research ive found that modeling is going to play a key role in my construction, and since many of my concepts are dark and often obscure, it leaves many key models to be made custom, and as the old saying goes- "If you want something done right, do it yourself." So this is really a new step in my life, as far as modding goes!

As for a game of choice to work with, ive chosen urban terror, mostly because it has a great fan base, great online multiplayer, and offers gameplay that is like nothing ive ever played- which makes my motivation to map that much greater.

Im sorry that i posted a request firstly, before doing any introduction (definitely a jerk move), so here it is! Sometimes when im pressed for time (doubling up with local college programs and high school + soccer) i just go right ahead looking for what i want, and for that i apologize. Ive seen many members of this community's work, and am looking forward to gathering advice and opinions on whatever topics may come up from them.

Lastly, thanks for accepting my registration John... whoever you are haha
Care to see some of my work? http://www.youtube.com/user/xxlunaxexx

Delirium

Re: An Introduction

Post by Delirium »

Welcome, all I can say is don't give up.

John is a cupcake, not a person

krasus

Post by krasus »

sounds like you got some history :D hello and welcome to the forums!
(I thought left 4 quake was dead, glad to hear it's not!)
As I lay there gazing up at the billions of stars above my head in complete awe of creations beauty and vastness the most pressing question on my mind about the meaning of it all was, "Where in the hell is my roof?"

MajkiFajki

Post by MajkiFajki »

Welome!

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

Welcome Lunaxe. looking forward to seeing your first urt map.

Cupcake

PS - Actually Picola or Rylius do the registration thing.
Last edited by johnnyenglish on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pickles
Site Admin

Post by pickles »

Lunaxe wrote:Lastly, thanks for accepting my registration John... whoever you are haha

Your welcome :lol:

and welcome here

gsigms

Post by gsigms »

welcome :)
nemNEMnem wrote:yeah, not like ur avatar, gsigms, i find ur ones is difficult to masturbate, too. :D :D :D :D

karabounga

Post by karabounga »

welcome !!!

Lunaxe

Post by Lunaxe »

Thank you all very much, definitely seems a pretty good group of people here. And cupcakes haha :P Thanks Krasus, yea i definitely do, but more with worldcraft 3.3 than gtk, so im hoping my continuous transition will run smoothly! Unfortunately L4Q is on the brink of extinction, so your beliefs werent that far from the truth :| If any of you would want to see some mapping examples in action, just check my youtube channel in the sig... just ignore the monster hunter stuff haha
Care to see some of my work? http://www.youtube.com/user/xxlunaxexx

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

Got any screenshots of your work? or a website?