[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Saying hello - Page 2 - Custom Map Makers
Welcome to CMM

We've created a Custom Map Makers Discord channel, if you'd like to join us on the CMM Discord Channel, click here

Saying hello

Welcome to the Custom Map Makers forum. We encourage new members to post a short note about themselves.
Lunaxe

Re: Saying hello

Postby Lunaxe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Haha hey B3e
Care to see some of my work? http://www.youtube.com/user/xxlunaxexx

DagF

Postby DagF » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Hello and welcome :D
Nice to see new old mappers joining :)

gsigms

Postby gsigms » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:12 am

welcome b3e :)

b3e

Postby b3e » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Thx you all for the welcome :)

v3nd3tta

Postby v3nd3tta » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:30 pm

ohai the bee is heereee! :D
great fan of you and orion // never bet it tho, too hard
love your speed comparision between urt and q3defrag on tr1ckhouse, it's really "awesome" :D

Douze

Postby Douze » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:46 am

Welcome b3e !
I didn't see you in ages so, I'm glad to see you here.
BTW I discovered defrag a few months ago (I wasn't a q3 player) and I was like, "ow, we are (urt jumpers) so (s)low !".

b3e

Postby b3e » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Douze :)

Nice to see you here too.
I won't start a defrag thread here, but yes thats basically the point once you've tried it : UrT is damn slow.

To be honest and to get back to mapping discussion, after Orion i started another jump map project, was trying to be creative using new mapping point of view. Thanks to some contacts among coder friends, i got a modified version of the iourt binaries, which allowed me to play with unlimited stam.
I was like, man this is it. We (jumpers and mappers) need this for further game evolution. So I basically made a quick map to test this : I was able to get like 3000/4000 max speed, game became ultra fast and damn fun, introducing the concept of "runs" in UrT.
Just imagine a 3 mins long jump, made of walljumps, icy, huge circle jumps and strafing...kinda like the magic combo.
I remember I also played sliceyjumps with these binaries, was able to finish the map all in a row. Just awesome.

I know those modified version are prohibited by Frozen sands, but I just hope they will do somethin for us in UrTHD, cause honestly nowadays i do think all have been made in terms of jump mapping ; even though I'm sure some people can still make the surprise, imagination has no limits after all.

I dunno what are the dev plans for this game, especially about jumping. Its been years now since i get the same rumors here and there, talking about a dedicated jump mode.
But just as defrag is an awesome mod, i do believe UrT deserves a proper dedicated jump mode.

Anyway, its just about patience, as always...

v3nd3tta

Postby v3nd3tta » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:35 pm

hey Beeyboy, could you whack those modified bins over to me (per PM)?

or is it the server mod, already got that one but I can't run a server and a client at the same time w/o drops...
would be cool if it'd be a client "mod" also ;)

Return to “Welcome to CMM”