Skeetshoot 2014

Discussion about the skeetshoot 2014 map
johnnyenglish
Space cake

Skeetshoot 2014

Post by johnnyenglish »

A few of you are aware that Urban Zone are running a skeetshoot event this year, shoutcasting by SevenofNine and using a new "competition" game engine by Fenix.

The 2013 event never happened so the map that was made for that event has been re-used, it has details by HappyDay and a new trophy model, kindly created by FrankieV

The bots have now been retired, instead real skeet are used, I'll document how this works from a mappers perspective when it's all final -- you will be able to create your own "skeet" style maps quite easily.

Here's a few pictures and a video

skeet1.jpg

skeet2.jpg

skeet3.jpg

And ...

RedSnappa

Re: Skeetshoot 2014

Post by RedSnappa »

johnnyenglish wrote:The bots have now been retired, instead real skeet are used, I'll document how this works from a mappers perspective when it's all final -- you will be able to create your own "skeet" style maps quite easily.

Please do. I would be interested in making a map for Skeet Shoot 2015.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

RedSnappa wrote:Please do. I would be interested in making a map for Skeet Shoot 2015.

I'll document it after this years event, when it's all final. I expect a few people will want to use the engine to run skeet servers all year round and those servers will want a variety of maps.

GanjaGuy

Post by GanjaGuy »

Very excited for this.. Any word if Urban Zone are considering other forms of skeet shoot besides sr8? Without knowing the specifics of how this non bot skeet works (not asking, I know you'll share soon enough) :P but depending on functionality I can see maps similar to swat training building with good and bad guys popping up.. or if it can be programmed to shoot with a button you could do shotty skeet with someone handling the "pull" job and another shooting.. possibilities are endless.. could use it to main single player style training maps (think shooting range on steroids).. did i mention i'm excited for this? only concern I have is the size of the 'pigeon', anxious to see how much more difficulty was added to hitting them (clearly much smaller than a bot).. ok ok, i'll end it here before I have to start chapter 2 of this book ;-)

*super jealous of Fenix right now FYI

KroniK

Post by KroniK »

any chance of releasing the details and a download link for this map??
"I still miss my ex girlfriend, but my aim is improving."

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

I'm happy to release the map but the engine modifications were something Fenix added and I'm not totally sure whether he ever released it.

I've not seen him around for ages.

Biddle

Post by Biddle »

Anyone still has the download link of that map somewhere? :/