FTWGL Official Competition Map Making Contest!

All the latest news and information will be announced here
johnnyenglish
Space cake

Re: FTWGL Official Competition Map Making Contest!

Post by johnnyenglish »

If I remember correctly, the competition asks that you make regular posts about progress.

If you'd like to do that here it might be nice to watch your progress. Just create a topic in the competitions forum with a title FTWGL - Your name (using your registered name)

Am looking forward to watching your maps progress, my tv broke.

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

lol!
Great excuse :P
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

Sw!it

Post by Sw!it »

haha indeed xD

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Post by johnnyenglish »

FTWGL mapping contest forums are open

FTWGL forum topic

MajkiFajki

Post by MajkiFajki »

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

http://www.ftwgl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7418
Congrats to Majki :)

[11:49] <Delirium> Lol MajkiFajki
[11:49] <Delirium> I'm glad I sucked you into doing the competition
[11:49] <Delirium> viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10&start=10#p706
[11:49] <Delirium> Congrats on winning though man!
[11:50] <Delirium> I probably spent about a 1/3 of my time on your map helping you out too xD
[11:50] <Delirium> but your right, I'm more interested in helping the community and getting better 3rd party maps than personal gains
[11:50] <Delirium> I could have easily just not helped you and maybe won.
[11:51] <Delirium> without that flag pole route I suggested it would have been an arena map pretty much, spawns on the outside and everyone meets in the middle
[11:52] <Delirium> But I'm glad you got the imagery out of the 3rd party mappers heads "that any competition Del enters he'll win, so don't bother"
[11:52] <Delirium> :)

I hope the other entrants will finish their maps too, I know Happy and v3n had pretty good layouts.

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

This just show that when you make a map for FTW it's best to build it out of simple cubes, texture it with 5 textures and let them play the beta until they tell you the layout is great.
This guy basically showed the map to anyone that can help him out, waited for their feedback, made the changes and then submitted it.
IMO if you enter a contest, YOU enter it. Not 10 other people, you're the one that builds the layout, make the textures and fix the bugs.
If you have 10 people telling you how and what to fix, to me it's cheating and you only showed you know how to follow instructions.

bludshot

Post by bludshot »

Such a hater. I've never seen such hate and disdain (and I mean from a collection of comments and posts and pm's beyond this little one above here which is just the latest) for urt maps, urt mappers and urt mapping, and for supporters of urt mapping than right here at CMM by the guy who runs the place.

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

bludshot wrote:Such a hater. I've never seen such hate and disdain (and I mean from a collection of comments and posts and pm's beyond this little one above here which is just the latest) for urt maps, urt mappers and urt mapping, and for supporters of urt mapping than right here at CMM by the guy who runs the place.

Says a guy who didn't have the balls to go on UrT.info forum and let FS team themselves he is not happy with FrankieV "insulting" him.
Thread locked no point in keeping open a thread about one of worst organized mapping contests ever.