CMM and FS team relationship

All the latest news and information will be announced here
Rayne
Site Admin

CMM and FS team relationship

Post by Rayne »

I have noticed that certain members of this site are spending more time talking about subjects that are more related to their personal feelings towards the FS team or simply making posts that can only be described as spamming/trolling and less about mapping itself.

Those kinds of posts will not be tolerated. I don't want to see posts that serve only to derail a topic or topics that are made just to express a point of view.
Unless you know something about the subject at hand or you're trying to get more information on it, don't post anything.
Any post i see that is unrelated to the topic will be removed.

Of course i am not a dictator and will not delete posts that are harmless, only those that have the capability to take the topic in a different direction.

Another thing i wanted to talk about is CMM's relationship with the FS team.
I'll make this simple. CMM supports FS team 100%. And i expect my members to show that support.
I'm not asking you to say something looks good if it looks bad. If it looks bad i will be the first to say so. But i am asking for those who wish to become or keep their position to make sure they agree with CMM's point of view.

We are here to learn and teach. To collect knowledge, store it, and share it.
We are not here to question anyone. That never was and never will be our purpose.
Those that wish to learn are more than welcome here.
But we will not under no circumstances become a place where people come to rant. I am not interested in your opinion on FS team or the game. It doesn't interests me, it's irrelevant to me, and i really don't want to hear it.
It is your opinion and it has nothing to do with mapping.

Which is why we are here. We make (or try to make) maps. And we try to learn more about it. If yo think you can't learn anything here or help others then either leave now or don't register at all.
You really don't want to be the person i give my honest opinion on his work and behavior.

Now i would like all of you that are part of the CMM group on UrT.info site and disagree with my policy on supporting the FS team to speak now so i can remove you.
I will not allow anyone to make an insulting post anywhere while he/she is considered a member of the CMM group.
Your status of a registered user of this site will remain unchanged but you will not be recognized by me or any member of CMM as someone who's words reflect CMM's point of view.

Thank you for your time.

johnnyenglish
Space cake

Re: CMM and FS team relationship

Post by johnnyenglish »

Rayne and I have discussed this and it's with my blessing he's posted above.

Just to second this but to clarify a little.

CMM makes maps for urban terror and other games. Our interests do not conflict with nor should hinder what FS do.

The goals of CMM include being supportive to FS with their work and whenever possible offer practical help, should they need it. There's is a thankless task, they work hard to produce something which we all enjoy. If you feel like you need to make a snide remark about what they do, don't make it wearing a CMM tag.

You're encouraged to visit urbanterror.info and be supportive to other mappers (whether CMM or not), you should respect their work because you are aware of the effort involved. If they need help, help them.

Other goals of CMM are to progress the standard and quality of 3rd party maps and then whenever possible promote those maps as entertaining alternatives to official maps. As a team this is possible where as individuals, it's more difficult.

CMM is also about innovation, new mapping ideas and techniques. We've already explored a great many aspects of the upcoming engine and in some ways know more about the possibilities than most. We should continue to explore the possibilities and capabilities so that when a beta is released we are able to furnish a set of 3rd party maps to compliment that engine.

CMM is about community, a community where help and support is offered to fellow mappers and in return others will help you. Help can come in many forms, from helping improve aspects of your map to selling and promoting your map to the world. It is NOT about "personalities", feel free to promote yourself and your beliefs elsewhere.

As a CMM member you will be expected to contribute, even if it's in a small way to the improvement of CMM, we have a wiki and we're actively trying to expand this whenever possible. Fellow map makers often need help and advice, please help whenever possible. If you create a set of textures for your map, why not dontate them to the community? If you find a great new method, why not share it with us all.

The future of CMM is in no doubt, this website will remain along with the expanding wiki, the irc channel and other activities. CMM is larger than any single person now and is developing and growing into an interesting entity. Rayne started CMM but it now has a life of it's own and functions without a heavy hand or rules passed down from above, thats the way it should evolve.

It's sad that a few turds are making things unpleasant for the rest but, I expect that over the next week or so we'll weed out the crap and things will return to normal.

Any problems?

nemNEMnem

Post by nemNEMnem »

those are hard and strong rules, but i cant find anything to disagree with those rules.
for a big tree, you need a small axe.
--Bob Marley--

xandaxs

Post by xandaxs »

I do not think Rayne meant it that way.

I believe he gives you freedom of speech till a certain point, you are free to give your opinion about everything out there, as long as you do not confront the FS team with it. Like saying "It sucks", "That idea is sh**, what the heck are you doing?". You can give your opinion and criticize. You should do it actually, because more feedback, proper good feedback = an easier reading of what the community thinks. And it'll help developt this game in a way that'll please more people
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

FS may not always make the best decisions from our own POV's, but you're right on that, we (atleast myself, I believe everyone does) support FS.

Rappio

Post by Rappio »

:) Yeah even im just simple dude with low skills, i dont like all FS things or team members but i keep those things inside my own head. Im here to learn not making maps directly in any game. I love how this site works.. its like big family that should never speak about politics (read: arguing about games or dev teams). One goal one strong community with benefits... HAIL CMM.
Legions of Perkele Clan leader | Owner of Finlands oldest Urban Terror server. | I'm also big fan of Delirium and JohnnyEnglish..