Just an idea so far: UrT training

Ideas and concepts for maps, discuss here.
KroniK

Re: Just an idea so far: UrT training

Post by KroniK »

xandaxs wrote:Don't do it as you'd kill a lot of servers or players that don't want to play with bots

The whole idea is to have like a campaign mode for Urt... the Bots would be the enemy. You would progress through the stages and the bots would come out as you progress. This would not be a map that would be put on the servers, but a map you would play by yourself, or maybe be a lan party game... but its mostly for offline.
"I still miss my ex girlfriend, but my aim is improving."

DagF

Post by DagF »

Time to figure out a way to let bots with different leves spawn different places.

So you enter an era and there are like 4 bots around. then you enter next and there is 4 more but harder and so on.
It mgiht be possible to make a filter from the movements of the bots.
Or you could make different levels and make a bort file for it so you run it with the botfile.

eg.

urttraining_lv_1 comes with urttraining_lv_1.cfg
and so on

This is just ideas. i just write down what i think before i forget it ;)

RageQuit

Post by RageQuit »

KroniK wrote:I'm pretty sure that I could write a program that started Urt, loaded the map and spawned the bots... but it might be harder than i think it is...

That would probably be a handy program for the urt community as a whole, not just this map. Maybe something with a map selector, amount of bots, and bot levels.
.:AnP:.+Rocks=TLF