Beginning the training map.

Ideas and concepts for maps, discuss here.
RageQuit

Beginning the training map.

Post by RageQuit »

Here is what I got so far in terms of the map discussed in this thread http://www.custommapmakers.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=425. It is a very, very rough mock up, but this accomplishes the main goal for the most part. If you have some spare time, load the map up and let me know what you think. I'm not so much concerned about errors, since chances are I already know about them (i.e. textures not showing). I'm more concerned with ideas at this point. Should I focus more on jump/movement training? And should I make a "pro", alternate path. http://www.mediafire.com/?25yw7z71ne776ku

This covers a basic jump, a powerslide (though you can just walk it as it is) and what is meant to eventually be the g36 training area.
.:AnP:.+Rocks=TLF

KroniK

Re: Beginning the training map.

Post by KroniK »

Not sure what you were trying to accomplish with this test.... i guess i didnt get it... it made no real sense... When the Jump contest is done, I will re create the mockup that I had created before and show my ideas..
"I still miss my ex girlfriend, but my aim is improving."

RageQuit

Re: Beginning the training map.

Post by RageQuit »

Well, the beginning drop was just something stupid I threw in to experiment. The first room was a simple jump, the second a simple wall slide, and the last was a first, quick build of a target room. If you shoot when the target doors open, they each open a door you can walk through, this way you would only be able to advance after hitting each target.

The targets are way too big atm, and its all pretty rough...I probably should have waited to post, but I had spent like 2 hours on the thing and it was late ;)
.:AnP:.+Rocks=TLF