dfdfdf_a1-020212 [Jump Map]

Ideas and concepts for maps, discuss here.
Moonie

dfdfdf_a1-020212 [Jump Map]

Post by Moonie »

Concept has similarities to a skate park in California, that was recreated in one of the Tony Hawks games.

I need to play with blender in a major way. I need a seating model, circular concrete, and i cant find any examples online (but i have seen examples somewhere). The fact it round means it will be a pain to clip it. Dont want to use autoclip. :/

This all comes from a dream i had last night, so having to bring it out into reality is fun. I only really remember key parts of it. The table/chairs, a sun blocking sculpture, and the colours (thanks Rayne for your bloomy screenshots).

Ok end meltdown. I committed designs to paper in my art book, committed concepts of jumps to same art book. :)

Just needed to commit some thoughts to paper/net. I will probably try and make the models if i can, and create some sort of layout. But whether it will become a full map is anyones guess.

gsigms

Re: dfdfdf_a1-020212 [Jump Map]

Post by gsigms »

circular concrete ? do you mean to do something like that ?

http://www.calstreets.com/site/images/2008April/california-skateparks-produ.jpg

considering the troubles with clipping wouldn't it be easier with ramb' generators, though doing something like that won't be easy.
nemNEMnem wrote:yeah, not like ur avatar, gsigms, i find ur ones is difficult to masturbate, too. :D :D :D :D

Moonie

Re: dfdfdf_a1-020212 [Jump Map]

Post by Moonie »

Actually, probably going to do it as a model and clip it from about 80% of the height downwards with a set of cube brushes. Only the top needs to really be solid. I'll simply blanket everything below that with a teleporter brush. :)

The level from THPS was Venice Beach, which i think is your image. So similar yes.