New Map

Ideas and concepts for maps, discuss here.
banksy

New Map

Post by banksy »

I really have to stop creating new projects for myself and actually release a map :/

But yet again, I have devised another concept, please give feedback :D

cargo1.jpg

I have pretty much finished all the walls in radiant, but I have problems testing it.
Usually I package the map in a pk3 and open in it UrT, but I heard that you can open it in UrT straight from Radiant. Something to do with sv_pure 0?

thelionroars

Re: New Map

Post by thelionroars »

Yes, \sv_pure 0 in console and then \map yourmapname
<JohnnyEnglish> that was hours ago, I've been out for a run since then, topped up my pond, fed the fish, took daughter to post office to collect book that postman couldn't deliver, watered tomatos, stood and pondered for 20 minutes and smoked a water pipe
<JohnnyEnglish> also painted my toe nails pink to match this new bag I found
<JohnnyEnglish> and made a carpet from some belly button fluff I found in the cat

banksy

Post by banksy »

do I have to place the map anywhere?

thelionroars

Post by thelionroars »

Well yeah... in your map folder in q3ut4. And your textures should be in the textures folder, shader script(s) in scripts folder, etc. But presumably this is where they are now? The advice I saw about mapping was to use a fresh install of Urban Terror, unzip all the zpaks and then set up radiant to use this.

Some good tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghfpnJC1d3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd4sqQAg7h8

Note that he puts sv_pure 0 in the properties of the shortcut (in part 2 from memory) so he doesn't have to type it every time.
<JohnnyEnglish> that was hours ago, I've been out for a run since then, topped up my pond, fed the fish, took daughter to post office to collect book that postman couldn't deliver, watered tomatos, stood and pondered for 20 minutes and smoked a water pipe
<JohnnyEnglish> and made a carpet from some belly button fluff I found in the cat

Rayne
Site Admin

Post by Rayne »

Your blue spawn is not god, never put a spawn at the end of a corridor. Even the red spawn is easy to lock down.

banksy

Post by banksy »

thelionroars wrote:Well yeah... in your map folder in q3ut4. And your textures should be in the textures folder, shader script(s) in scripts folder, etc. But presumably this is where they are now? The advice I saw about mapping was to use a fresh install of Urban Terror, unzip all the zpaks and then set up radiant to use this.

Some good tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghfpnJC1d3U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd4sqQAg7h8

Note that he puts sv_pure 0 in the properties of the shortcut (in part 2 from memory) so he doesn't have to type it every time.

But do I have to package a pk3 every time?

banksy

Post by banksy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSEcsS0q ... re=related

The water in that... I must find that shader haha

thelionroars

Post by thelionroars »

banksy wrote:But do I have to package a pk3 every time?

No. The whole point of setting it up like that is that you just need to run /sv_pure 0 and /map .... in console and you are in the map right away. I don't even know how to make a .pk3

banksy

Post by banksy »

it doesnt work for me. I open UrT, /sv_pure 0 then build map, then open UrT /map cargo
but nothing. just says map not found

thelionroars

Post by thelionroars »

It should be compiled as a .bsp in your /maps folder in q3ut4 for it to be found. I think all the other stuff needs to be in the appropriate folders as mentioned above. If you're having trouble beyond that, it might be that these folders live somewhere else on a mac (sorry but I have zero experience with OSX).