TheBloodTV [alpha]

Alpha versions of your map
noobdesign

TheBloodTV [alpha]

Post by noobdesign »

Hi everyone,
i'm working on my first map, so i have alot to learn still...

The Blood TV
http://min.us/mrxiYXIUK

modes
FFA
TD
CTF

This map is based on my workplace and some buildings around. You can see on Google Maps here: http://g.co/maps/nsqh

I don't like bidimensional maps, so i wanted to create a zone where you can climb and interact with alot of stuffs, to let the player the freedom to fnd new routes and ways.

Even if the UT engine doesn't like open spaces, map seems to run smoothly on average game machines.

Please feel free to comment as you want, but if you comment on gameplay, please cmment after you tested the map with your friends.
Last edited by noobdesign on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xandaxs

Re: TheBloodTV [alpha]

Post by xandaxs »

maybe the map can be tested on CMM server?
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> morning Nounou
[12:25] <JohnnyEnglish> wotcha doing?
[12:25] <Nounou> hello
[12:26] <Nounou> nothing much, i've nothing to do at work so
[12:26] <Nounou> modeling woman
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> woo
[12:26] <JohnnyEnglish> real women?
[12:26] <Nounou> realistic yes, on maya

gsigms

Post by gsigms »

screenshots look nice, looking forward to play on it :)
nemNEMnem wrote:yeah, not like ur avatar, gsigms, i find ur ones is difficult to masturbate, too. :D :D :D :D

DagF

Post by DagF »

Looks really nice.
A few thing before i test it:
Make sure to rename this map asap! Couse now its named thebloodtv. You should name it thebloodtv_a1 or thebloodtv_alpha1 or something like that. If there are different versons of the map with the same name you will end up with massive crashes. If you have posted this somewhere else i think you should keep it as it is and name the last verson thebloodtv_final.

Also you do not need to include the textures that comes with urt. And i found a few Thumbs.db in some of the folder.

noobdesign

Post by noobdesign »

About renaming: Yes thanks, i always forget this (in the million of things you have to be sure of before releasing a playable), btw: does overwriting the .pk3 every time create problem? Why?

About textures: I guess you mean the maps that comes with UT, right? So i can remove from textures the folders Eagle, Algiers, Abbey, etc. ?

lol @ thumbs.db :D

DagF

Post by DagF »

It will create a problem if you are running a server with the finnished map and a player with an alpha map with the same names trys to connect. He will not get the autodownload and cannot connect to the server as the map he has and the map the server has is different.

about textures: yes

about the thumbs. They are noot needed, they just use space xD

noobdesign

Post by noobdesign »

DagF wrote:It will create a problem if you are running a server with the finnished map and a player with an alpha map with the same names trys to connect. He will not get the autodownload and cannot connect to the server as the map he has and the map the server has is different.

aaaa :o , i'm so stoopid, u're right of course! .... when i'll post the map with "_a" in the name, i'llhave a big red write "delete the older version"... this is not posted anywhere else than here and in ut-forum (that seems a bit dead to me)

lemmeknow if you guys like it, while i work on it a little more, before releasin' beta...

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

I found some bugs and taken screenshots few days ago, trying to dig them up lol

btw, the shadows look pretty bad.

DagF

Post by DagF »

I had a look around and i like it very much.

The only thing i would like to point out is that big areas of the map is drawen all the time. I had about 80 fps on the lowes, witch is not that good considering the players take a big amount of power too.

noobdesign

Post by noobdesign »

The point is that Ut engine sucks for open areas (is old and made for closed spaces, like Q3 maps).

you have low peaks when you are on the two extreme of the map: the ancient tower, and the building with yellow balconies. You climb up and from there you see the whole map = low peak.

Any idea?

p.s. Today Iplayed this map in 10 ppl, and had problems only on 1 pc (no graphic card) that was going around 40 fps... but i think that's not common to have pcs without graphic cards...