Triggerable shader entities

For all topics related to using or installing radiant
RedSnappa

Triggerable shader entities

Post by RedSnappa »

I read this:
http://members.multimania.co.uk/quakeroats/q3map2/shader_manual/apA.html

tried it and it didn't work. Does anyone here have experience with this topic? I want to be able to switch textures by pressing a func_button, as this seems to say is possible.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

flajeen

Re: Triggerable shader entities

Post by flajeen »

Make two brushes and switch between them?

RedSnappa

Post by RedSnappa »

flajeen wrote:Make two brushes and switch between them?

Doesn't work for what I am doing. I have an invisible bridge that is to become visible for a limited time by pushing a func_button. This is supposed to happen by using the targetShaderName and targetShaderNewName keys. The func_button is connected to a target_delay which makes the bridge invisible again after about 20 seconds.
[LCDLC]Snappa
LCDLC Mapmaking Dept.
Maps finished: Hellhouse, Sorry, Worrior 1-20
Maps modded: CubeOrigin
Maps in release candidate: Blockforts, Cannons 1, Hotzone, Icecastle
Maps in beta: Arctica, Cannons 2, Cerulean-River, Igloo, Skygarden, Spacestation
Maps in alpha: Merlin, Totem

gsigms

Post by gsigms »

stumbled on this too and showed that to johnny who also failed to make it work, after some googling back then i found a topic on urt.info saying it was not supported.
nemNEMnem wrote:yeah, not like ur avatar, gsigms, i find ur ones is difficult to masturbate, too. :D :D :D :D

flajeen

Post by flajeen »

RedSnappa wrote:
flajeen wrote:Make two brushes and switch between them?

Doesn't work for what I am doing. I have an invisible bridge that is to become visible for a limited time by pushing a func_button. This is supposed to happen by using the targetShaderName and targetShaderNewName keys. The func_button is connected to a target_delay which makes the bridge invisible again after about 20 seconds.

That is possible, deathruns do that with traps. Might wanna play deathrun if you do not know what I mean.

DagF

Post by DagF »

from green to red. the button moves in and back a green brush. it does not just appear. could use a ut train? that moves super fast? and have playerclip there always or something. platform could work too. if you have nonsolid textured brushes that moves superfast up there and back.